Thursday, August 19, 2010

Thom Filicia + Kravet = Love

Thom Filicia for Kravet

I spotted this advertisement in this month's Elle Decor and of course my first thought "Yellow and gray, pretty. Loved the layered patterns, who doesn't love faux bois and tribal prints?". Then my brain immediately went to, "Yellow and gray, come on Thom that's so over done. And faux bois, pretty played out also." But since I love Thom Filicia so much that I had to head on over to the Kravet website and check out entire collection.

Thom Filicia for Kravet

Love. Aside from the pretty mustard, orange, and soft duck egg, the color palette is pretty subdued. There's a lot of creams, grays, greiges, etc. My favorite thing about the collection is the texture. I know we've all seen a lot of faux bois but up close this one is so yummy. I just want to run my hands all over it. My very clean hands of course.

Thom Filicia for Kravet

The collection is a great mix of graphic and organic prints. If you are someone who is afraid of layering pattern then this collection is great. All you need to do is stick with one color family and I promise you it will all look great together. I am completely in love with that print of the birds in flight. I can, however, really live with out the last one which just screams David Hicks.

You can see all of the patterns in this collection here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis