Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Bloggers Become Book Authors

Bloggers taking the leap from the web to the printed page is not a new phenomena but when I hear that some of my favorite bloggers are releasing titles this year I get really excited. I can live without a copy of Shit My Dad Says or I Can Has Cheezburger but these three books will definitely finding a home on my bookshelf.

blogger books white i wore decorate design sponge

Jessica Quirk, personal style blogger for the site What I Wore, has assembled a fashion "cook book" to help you create your own recipe for personal style. It will be illustrated by Jessica and released in August 2011. I'm such a fan of her fashion illustrations so I can't wait to pick this one up.

Book #2 I couldn't be more excited about if I wrote it myself. Decorate - 1,000 Ideas for Every Room in Your Home is co-authored by Holly Becker and Joanna Copestick and photographed by Debi Treloar. The book will feature the homes of some really inspiring people as well has professional decor solutions for every budget. It has been Holly's dream since childhood to write a book and I can't be happier for her that the dream has become a reality. I just know it will be fabulous. The book will be available this Spring but I've pre-ordered my copy already :)

Grace Bonney's
Design*Sponge At Home is loaded with over 70 homes, 50 diy projects, 50 before & after makeovers, floral projects, diy basics (how to wire a light, sand and paint furniture, etc), upholstery basics (sewing couch slipcovers, pillows, etc.), and much, much more. It sounds like the book will be a decorating and design manual everyone should own. Pre-orders will begin in May 2011 and the book with be on stands after Labor Day.

There's one more book that I might have to pick up:



Are there any book releases that you are excited about this year? Are your favorite bloggers authoring them?

Sign up to receive Design Evolution updates via RSS feed or email.

1 comment:

ShareThis