Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Wedding Update

The wedding planning is coming along nicely. We have a lot of the important vendors booked but there is still a lot to do. The officiant is booked, he is actually the first person we hired after deciding on a venue. Mitch married Nick's cousin was a total riot. We are not very serious people so it will be nice to have a ceremony with a little fun built in. My dress has been ordered since December (sorry no pictures, it's a surprise) and I finally picked out bridesmaid dresses. I swear choosing a dress for my girls was harder than choosing my own dress. Now we can shop for the fun things, like shoes. We have also decided on the entertainment and just yesterday I booked the photographer! Finding a photographer that fit my style but also my budget was difficult but think we are going to be really happy with the choice of Kate Leigh. Her photographs feel very intimate and natural, there are no awkward poses or forced smiles. Here's a few of my favorite shots from her blog



kate leigh wedding photographer


kate leigh wedding photographer


kate leigh wedding photographer


kate leigh wedding photographer


kate leigh wedding photographer


I have to tackle flowers next and to be honest I'm not sure where to start. I have an idea of what I like but I don't have any experience with vendors so I'm open to any suggestions you have. But please don't suggest Saipua, their flowers are gorgeous but I can't afford them. I also really need to get started with my invitations. I plan on designing them myself (as I did with my save-the-dates) but I would like to have them professionally printed. Aside from those two large tasks I'm sure I have a million other things to get done. 

Photo Credit: Kate Leigh

7 comments:

  1. Stunning session. i really like weddings cause they celebrate something so pure and real called love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to use silver gold too. They’re gold under silver color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i designed my invites and had them printed by one of Bill's friends, who works at a printing/paper company. if you're interested, i can get you the info. i went with him and picked out the paper and such. loved them. just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please do. I loved you invitations, you have really good taste in paper :)

      Delete
  4. Those are some magnificent shots. You are so right about hiring the photographer that fits both your taste, expectations and your budget, but in this end cashing in some fabulous photo session seems to be worth it. This is what will keep the beauty of this precious moment captured for the decades ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle, your wedding hustle and bustles are so cute to me and making me think,if I will be as calm as you are and as decisive about so many important things. I am so excited about you and your coming wedding, not to mention that the samples of Kate Leigh's work are really so moving and am so eager and thanksful that you are letting us be part of your wedding planning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning photos! I can see why you picked her as your wedding photog! Excited to see what happens with the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis