Monday, February 9, 2009

The Scrappy Girl and The Deal Hunter Have New Homes

Along with losing our beloved Domino Magazine some of you may have  also been mourning the loss of some of the great blogs that Domino offered on their website.  I certainly enjoyed following Catherine Halley's (the Scrappy Girl) quest to furnish her New York apartment with fabulous vintage finds.  The Scrappy Girl has made a big move to Chicago and now you can follow along with her on all of the adventures associated with pulling together a home in a new city on her blog Maison d'Etre

Once I discovered Catherine's new blog I went on a hunt to see if the Deal Hunter, Nick Olsen had set up shop somewhere else.  I wasn't all that successful and quite frankly a little bummed since Nick never failed to crack me up whether he was designing a room around Michelle Obama's inaugural ensemble or offering up some not quite traditional holiday decorating ideas.  It looks like I'm in luck because thanks to the sleuth work of Holly over at Decor8 I now know he just started a new blog that can be found here: Nick Olsen Style.  He first post has is charming goodbye to Domino and it's sweet and sad.            

It's nice to know that I won't have to say goodbye to everything I liked about Domino and it will be interesting to see what these two smart and creative folks have to offer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis