Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Before there was the Sartorialist...

...There was Ansel Adams the street photographer. In my mind Ansel Adams was a landscape photographer. I am familiar, as I'm sure most of you are, with his vast portfolio of the Sierra Nevadas. I visited Yosemite in August and was awestruck seeing some of the iconic locations that Adams photographed in person. Ansel Adams as a street photographer is new to me and I enjoyed finding this collection of street scenes from around 1939 in the L.A. area.

Ansel Adams Street Photography
Ansel Adams Street Photography
Ansel Adams Street Photography
Ansel Adams Street Photography

See more photographs and read the entire story on NPR.org

Sign up to receive Design Evolution updates via RSS feed or email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis