Monday, October 26, 2009

Daydreaming a Room Design

I'm totally hooked on Owl City's newest release Fireflies lately. If you haven't heard it yet I'm sure you will soon. I have a bad feeling it will soon me on over rotation and I will tire of it. Until then I love fanciful lyrics and the sweet images the song evokes. I was daydreaming this afternoon about spending some time in the space I imagine when listening to this song. When I close my eyes I see something similar to the space I put together below. Have a listen to the song and see if what I picture is anything like what you envision.

(fyi, the music player does not appear in google reader)

fireflies decorating moodboard

So what do you think? Does it capture the whimsy that the song portrays? Give it a try yourself and see if you can turn Fireflies into an interior space.

Sign up to receive Design Evolution updates via RSS feed or email.

3 comments:

  1. I really like "Fireflies" too! It's such a cute song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great song and what a fun creative challenge! I love all of the soft, textury things in your room inspiration board. Here's my take: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dsbrennan/4046992951/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great song. I love that glitter ball.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis