Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thanks For Trying

But unfortunately no amount of finger and toe crossing was going to get my flight off the ground on Thursday. Instead of being seated patiently on the plane waiting for take off at 6:30 am my friends and I were doing this:

east coast blizzard
east coast blizzard

What we thought was going to be 4 - 6 inches of snow actually turned out to be closer to 18 inches so it was no surprise when our flight was canceled. Luckily we made it on a direct flight the next morning and were able to salvage a pretty decent vacation. Second to Yosemite, Park City, Utah is the most beautiful location in the United States that I have visited so far and the buzz during Sundance is so fun. The skiing is usually outstanding though it was a balmy 45 degrees this year. I wasn't complaining and I'm pretty proud of how I pushed myself on the mountain. It didn't hurt having a professional ski instructor as a ski buddy. You definitely feel more confident in your abilities when a pro convinces you that you can do it. I did, however, almost end up stuck under a cabin but that's besides the point. At least I tried and that will be the motto for 2011.

park city utah sunrise

It always takes me a few days to get back in the groove after taking a trip but I'll be back to my regular blogging schedule tomorrow.


Photo Credit: Michelle Verdugo

Sign up to receive Design Evolution updates via RSS feed or email.

1 comment:

  1. these photographs are wonderful despite the circumstances

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis