Friday, October 28, 2011

And the Vacation Rolled On - To Capri & Sicily

Half of our trip was spent sailing the Tyrrhenian, Ionian, and Adriatic Seas. We only had one day at each of the destinations we sailed to so that meant we packed a lot of activities into each afternoon. Our first stop was Capri and we did what any good tourist would do - we paid for a group to the Blue Grotto. It was very pretty and very blue but also a circus. It's one of those things that I guess you should do once but now that I've seen it I'm sure I'll never return.


My favorite part of the day spent in Capri was taking the cable cars from Anacapri to one of the highest points on the island. The trip takes about 15 minutes so you get to relax and enjoy the view. And what a gorgeous view it is.


I wasn't joking, this is the view you are greeted with when you hop off the cable cars at the top of island. Breathtaking.


This guy is up there too. Quick glance - he totally looks like he's flipping us the bird, right?


From Capri we sailed to Taormina, Sicily which looks like the set from Audrey Hepburn movie.

taormina Sicily

We had a pretty leisurely afternoon in Taormina wandering back alleys and discovering buildings covered in gorgeous green vines. Sicily is a place I would definitely like to revisit, we saw only a small slice of the island and I know it has much more to offer.

taormina Sicily


Sign up to receive Design Evolution updates via RSS feed or email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis