Thursday, November 20, 2008

New Furniture!

Check out our first real furniture purchase for the condo:

west elm modern console buffetI have to work on my photography skills and once again please excuse the pile of saws that shows up in the corner of the photo. I feel like I say that a lot here. Anywho, this is the modern storage console from West Elm. I guess some people wouldn't consider West Elm "real" furniture, but for us it was the first substantial piece of furniture we've purchased for our new home. Actually to be totally truthful, we didn't purchase it my mom did. Isn't that a totally excellent birthday present. So for a short review, I'm totally in love with it. Even though I had to assemble it myself it is a really solid piece of furniture. The wood veneer is a gorgeous color and feels like it won't ding very easily.


I'd like a matching pair of lamps for this piece; possibly something gourd shaped. I did find this great pair of lamps on ebay that I'll be watching like a hawk.

mid century modern danish lamps

Hopefully they don't get to far out of my price range because I think they're just about as close to perfect as I'll be able to find. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis