Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Little Weekend Rearranging

I got rearranging itch this past weekend. I hung my collection of art prints and photographs on the brick wall behind my sofa about a year ago and was starting to get tired of the grouping.

art wall

It's definitely true that if you don't occasionally rotate your art collection you don't appreciate the pieces. They just blend into the wall and you ignore them. So I bought in a few new prints & mirrors and moved everything around.

art arrangement

But I hated the arrangement so now my art wall looks like this:


I decided that I would prefer to hang one large photograph or piece of art in an oversized vintage frame over the sofa.

A few of the framed prints found new homes like this
Baby Crane by Sharon Montrose. I'll enjoy her more here plus she's also covering that eye sore of a unused phone jack.


I am now on the hunt for the perfect piece so I'll share my finds with you here.

Sign up to receive Design Evolution updates via RSS feed or email.

2 comments:

  1. I Love interior design, so i'm finding this blog quite enjoyable :D
    In response to your brick wall i have a suggestion! I'm gonna refer only to the middle row you originally had up there in the second picture and number them consecutively from the top to the bottom. So 1,2,3, and 4. So maybe hang 3 on top, then 1 and 2 in the middle next to each other (with a gap of course) and then 4 on bottom? I hope that helps for your search!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SweetlyUnspoken, I so glad that you are enjoying this blog and thank you for the suggestions on art placement. I do have something in mind for this space so when it is ready I will definitely share.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis